I got this from Allrecipes.com and will probably never make a different oatmeal raisin cookie. I think it's the cloves. Also, I added slightly more cinnamon than called for, and just used butter instead of the butter flavored shortening.
* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
* 1 cup packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups rolled oats
* 1 cup raisins
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not over bake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely.
Getting Caught Up
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment