Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mom's Molasses Cookies

I could pretty much live on these during the holidays. When I was pregnant last year, and my mom made them I ate SOOOO many!

Ingredients are for a double batch, because trust me, you'll want more than one batch. I always make them in a double batch, and since this blog is also for me to have easy access to the recipes, I'm going to leave the amounts doubled.

Ingredients:
* 1-1/2 cups shortening, (melted)
* 2 cups sugar
* 1/2 cup molasses (robust flavor)
* 2 eggs
* 4 tsp baking soda
* 4 cups flour
* 1 tsp cloves
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 tsp ginger
* 2 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Melt shortening and let cool.
2. Add sugar, molasses, and egg. Beat Well.
3. Combine baking soda, flour, cloves, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add it to the rest, mixing well. Chill the dough.
4. Roll into small balls and then roll the balls in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

No comments: