Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ranch Chicken Nuggets

This is a quick meal with some brown rice and a veggie. I like it because it's much healthier than similar fried versions and I LOVE ranch dressing. :)

Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups croutons, crushed (I use either whole grain or ranch flavored croutons)
* 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
* 1 tsp dried parsley
* 1/4 tsp garlic powder
* 2 egg whites
* 1 Tbspn water
* 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* Ranch for dipping

Directions:
* Mix crouton crumbs, cheese, parsley, and garlic powder together. In separate dish, mix egg and water.
* Dip chicken in egg wash and then in crumbs.
* Lightly spray pan with no stick spray to prevent sticking, if needed. Put on baking pan and bake at 450 degrees about 14-16 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I've made this twice now. The first time the pieces of chicken were too big so they maybe weren't cooked long enough. Kinda tough and chewy.

Just finished eating the second batch for lunch and they were DELICIOUS! I cut the chicken into long strips before rolling them in the crumbs. I also used plain croutons because Ben like to use Ranch dressing and barbecue sauce for dipping.