Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Bublanina



This is a light and tasty fruit dessert. It's also Czech, so a plus with me! It's also a very pretty dessert, if you're into food aesthetics.

Ingredients:
* 1 cup butter
* 1-3/4 cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 3 cups flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* cherry pie filling (Can be done with other fruit fillings, but I don't know why you would!!)

Directions:
* Cream butter and sugar and add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to batter.

* Spread into a bar pan, reserving 1-1/2 cups of the batter. Spread the pie filling over the top of the batter. Drop the remaining filling sporadically over the filling. It won't cover it completely.

* Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Liz! I remember making this with you once in high school and loving it. I was so happy to see it online! I made it yesterday and my friends loved it too! Thanks for putting this together!
Miss you!!!
-Carla