Don't let the title fool you! These are NOT for dessert...but they ARE delicious!
Saute the following in 2 Tablespoons of butter:
* 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
* 1 diced onion
Set aside
Combine the followin dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl:
* 1 cup sifted flour (mom doesn't sift)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* dash of salt
Set aside
Mix together the following wet ingredients:
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup milk
* 1/2 cup melted butter (mom suggests using only 1/4 cup melted butter or less)
Add the wet ingredients (not the spinach and onion) to the dry ingredients and stir
Add the sauteed spinach and onion along with 2 cups grated cheddar and 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese to the batter (you can use low-fat varieties of cheese if you like).
Spray a 9X13 inch pan with cooking spray, spread batter into pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
11 months down, 1 to go...
13 years ago
2 comments:
Hi! :)
My name is kathryn croco, grinnell '05. we worked together in the post office briefly and I was friends with your husband. I stumbled onto your website through plans and tried these spinach brownies. I just want to tell you that they are SO delicious and my husband ate the pan entire within a day. Thanks for sharing your recipes, keep them coming!
kathryn (crocokat@gmail.com)
Liz - I saw this recipe years ago right here on your blog and have been wanting to try it ever since (funny how long we wait for good things, eh?). WOW - I made them tonight and we couldn't stop saying "Wow" as we ate them. Thank you!
(This is Abbie Sawyer, btw :-)
Post a Comment