Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake


I believe this recipe originally came from a church cookbook that my grandma had. It has become the only birthday cake I ever wanted ever since I first had it. It is DELICIOUS! (If you like chocolate, that is...) This is a really easy recipe to make and it gets more moist in the first couple days after it's made, too.

Ingredients:
* 1 package devils food cake mix --> NOT with pudding in the mix
* 3-3/4 oz. package chocolate fudge instant pudding mix
* 1/2 cup oil
* 4 eggs
* 1 cup boiling water
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
* Mix the first five ingredients at slow speed with a mixer. Add the sour cream and chocolate chips; mix thoroughly.

* Grease and flour a 12 cup bundt pan. Pour batter into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness - but keep in mind that the chocolate chips melt, so may come off on the toothpick a little. Let set up a little bit before flipping over onto a tray or plate. This cake definitely doesn't need frosting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been meaning to ask you for this recipe since we made it that one night senior year (maybe it was our (Luke and my) birthday)? I'm glad I have it now though!

Elizabeth Leo said...

It's soooo good, too! AND easy...nice!